Submitted by: Jessica Cunha
Original Credit: Sandra Lee, Semi-Homemade: Cooking Made Light
Prep: 15 mins Bake: 45 mins + 15 mins
Makes 2-4 Servings
- 1 large acorn squash
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup light raspberry and walnut vinaigrette (such as Newman’s Own)
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds (discard). Brush the cut squash surface with olive oil, then sprinkle with the pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine rice, raspberries, walnuts, salad dressing, scallion and orange juice concentrate. Spoon mixture into centers of squash. Place in a baking dish and cover with aluminium foil.
Bake squash for 45 minutes, then remove foil and cook an additional 15-20 minutes, or until squash is fork-tender. To serve as a side dish, cut squash in half again.
1/4 of squash: 228 cal, 11 g total fat, 32 g carbs, 4 g fiber, 4 g protien