Submitted by Jessica Cunha
3/4 cup serving = 2 yellow (179 calories)
(12 servings of 3/4 cup each)
Prep Time = 10 minutes Cook Time = 36 minutes
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 lb dry lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 6 cups low sodium veggie broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the onions, garlic and carrots – cook5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions soften.
Add the lentils and broth, then bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, covered, at a gentle boil for 30 minutes, or until the lentils are soft. You can add warm water if the soup becomes to thick.
Season with salt and pepper, then serve!