Submitted by: Jessica Cunha
21 Fix Containers: 1 Green, 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 lb large peeled/de-veined shrimp
- 1 1/4 cup cooked small whole wheat pasta, like orzo
- 3 cups frozen peas (cut cooking time in half from package directions)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice from 1 1/2 lemons, divided
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- onion and garlic powder, to taste
Preheat oven to 375.
Mix the breadcrumbs, juice from 1 lemon, the olive oil and seasonings in a medium bowl. Toss the cleaned shrimp in the breadcrumb mixture and place on a small baking dish. Cook in the oven until the shrimp turn pink, about 10 minutes.
While the shrimp cooks, warm the pasta, peas, juice of 1/2 lemon, and lemon zest in a small pan on the stove on medium-low heat (or on low power in the microwave). Add additional seasoning if desired.
Divide the orzo/pea mixture into 3 portions and serve with approximately 3 shrimp per serving (1 red container of shrimp per serving).