Submitted by Jessica Cunha
Original Credit: Rocco DiSpirito, Now Eat This Italian
Serves 4 as an appetizer
- 1 (10 oz) jar whole baby artichokes, packed in water, drained
- 2 Tbs minced celery (remove leaves, chop and set those aside)
- 4 Tbs jarred green peperoncini (, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 4 Tbs roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1/2 oz Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 (1/2-inch thick) slices from a whole wheat baguette
Preheat the broiler in your oven.
Cut the artichokes into eighths. Place them in a medium bowl with the minced celery, sliced peppers, parsley, cheese and olive oil. Toss together and season with salt & pepper.
Place the baguette slices on a backing sheet and toast under the broiler until crisp and lightly browned on both sides (about 1 min per side).
Place the crostini on a serving plate and top each with an equal amount of the artichoke mixture. Scatter the chopped celery leaves on top and serve.
5g fat, 111 calories