Submitted by Jessica Cunha
Original Credit: Rocco DiSpirito, Now Eat This Italian
Serves 4 as an appetizer
- 1 can albacore tuna packed in water, drained
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs minced onion
- 1 rib of celery, finely chopped
- 3 Tbs chopped jarred green peperoncini
- 1 Tbs fresh chopped oregano
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon for zest and 1 tsp juice
- 8 (1/4-inch) slices from a whole wheat baguette
Preheat the broiler in your oven.
Place the tuna in a medium bowl and add the oil, onion, celery, peperoncini, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper and gently fold together. Add the lemon zest and lemon juice and gently mix in.
Place the slices of baguette on a baking sheet and toast for about 1 minute per side, until crisp and lightly browned.
Place the crostini on a serving plate and top with equal spoonfuls of the tuna mixture. Enjoy!
5g of fat, 104 calories