Submitted by Jessica Cunha
- 4-6 chicken thighs
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (15.5 oz) can of diced tomatoes (fire roasted is best)
- 1 (10 oz) package chopped spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1 (15.5 oz) can of your favorite white beans
- 4-6 cups of veggie or chicken stock
- the following spices, to your taste: salt & pepper, garlic & onion powder, curry powder, paprika, chili powder, cajun seasoning, red pepper flake, hot sauce
Cook chicken in a small crock-pot/slow-cooker for 3-4 hours, until meat is falling off the bone (or is easy to pull apart, if using boneless thighs). Remove chicken to a plate to cool.
In a large sauce pan, over medium heat, cook the onion and pepper in a little oil or spray oil until softened (about 2 minutes). Add the diced tomatoes, spinach, beans and 4 cups of stock. Once bubbling, add the spices and cover. Cook for 10 minutes to combine flavors.
Tear cooled chicken up into small pieces and add to the pot of chili. Stir and cook another 5 minutes.
Serve topped with a little cheese, Greek yogurt, etc. and a few tortilla chips.