Submitted by: Jessica Cunha
Original Recipe Found Here: Grow, Eat, Cook by Willi Galloway
Serves 4 as an appetizer or side-dish.
- 1/2 c coarse bulgur
- 1/3 c fresh lemon juice (from 3 small lemons)
- 3 medium slicing tomatoes, cut into small cubes, with their juice
- 1 1/2 packed cups finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 6-8 spearmint leaves, finely chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 scallions, white and green parts finely chopped (approx 1/2 c)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 c extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c cold water
Place the bulger in a large bowl. Pour the lemon juice over the bulger and set aside for 10 minutes.
Combine the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl, then stir into the bulger. Set aside for 2 hours, or until the bulger has softened to your preferred texture. Add more seasoning as needed. Serve at room temperature. (The tabbouleh will keep well in the fridge for 2-3 days.)