Submitted by: Jessica Cunha
Original Credit: Grow, Eat, Cook by Willi Galloway
- 2 lbs edamame pods or 2 cups shelled edamame
- 4 large ears sweet corn, shucked
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 6 scallions, white and light-green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c torn basil leaves
- 1/4 c of your favorite vinaigrette
- freshly ground pepper
In a large pot over medium heat, biol 2 quarts water. Add the edamame pods and boil for 2 minutes. Drain and run under cold water until cool. Shell the edamame into a large bowl. If using shelled edamame, cook according to package directions.
Cut the corn kernels from the cobs directly into the bowl with the edamame. Scrape of the corn pulp and release the corn “milk” into the bowl by running the back of the knife down the cob. Gently fold the tomatoes, scallions, basil, and vinaigrette until well combines. Season with salt and pepper before serving, either at room temperature or chilled.