Submitted by: Jessica Cunha
Original Credit: Grow, Eat, Cook by Willi Galloway
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- 4-6 c lightly packed pea shoots
- 2 oz piece of Parmesan
- freshly ground pepper
In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon zest and juice, garlic and vinegar. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking until the dressing is emulsified. Add salt to taste.
Place the pea shoots in a large bowl. Use a vegetable peeler to shave the Parmesan over the salad. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Season to taste with fresh pepper and serve immediately.